The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance to eligible low-income families who need child care benefits. If you are eligible, a portion of the total child care cost will be paid. You will be required to pay a portion of the childcare costs directly to the provider based on family size and income.


CCAP Application Overview


Step 1: Complete and Submit an Electronic or Printed Application - Submit Application Electronically or download, print, fill out and mail application to: Wild Plum Center, Attention: CCAP Enrollment, 82 21st Ave. Suite B, Longmont, CO 80501

 Step 2: Review Application with CCAP Coordinator - Wild Plum’s CCAP Coordinator will set up an Interview with you to review your application and request all documents required to proceed.

Step 3: Submit required documents requested by CCAP Coordinator during Application Review  - Wild Plum’s CCAP Coordinator will review documents provided and ask the family for any missing documents.

Step 4: Submit Application to CCAP - Once the CCAP application and documents have been reviewed and approved by Wild Plum’s CCAP Coordinator they will scan and send your application and required documents to the County directly for follow up by the County’s CCAP technician. You will be notified when this step is completed.

Step 5: CCAP Approval - The County’s CCAP team will review the application and provided documents. The County will determine the approval and reach out directly to each client via the email address provided by the parent in the application.



How do I know if I qualify for CCAP?


In order to be eligible for the CCAP Program the following must apply:
Age Eligibility:
  • Head Start: Children must be 3-or 4-years-old on or before October 1st of current year
  • Early Head Start: Pregnant women and children birth- 2 years-old
Income Eligibility:
  • Family income must be at or below the US Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines to qualify for the program. You can find Boulder County's Income Guidelines here and Weld County's Income Guidelines here.
Priority Eligibility:
  • The County’s CCAP technicians will determine the family’s eligibility and priority based on the information provided during the application process. 

If your family is receiving public assistance benefits such as TANF or SSI (Supplemental Security Income), you will need to follow up with your caseworker in regards to your CCAP eligibility and application process.

  • Children with a disability, if your child has a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP), or a current Individual Family Service Plan (ISFP) and the family has been approved by CCAP, The Wild Plum Center can apply for extra resources for benefit the child while in the care of the center by using the CCAP special Needs Forms.
  • Services are provided at no cost to qualifying families living in the Boulder and Weld County portion of the St. Vrain Valley School District


***Applications are accepted continuously through the year***



Please submit the following documentation with your application (submit all that apply).

You can email the documentation to:, mail it to: Wild Plum Center, Attention: CCAP Enrollment, 82 21st Ave. Suite B, Longmont, CO 80501, or call 720-438-1031 for assistance.


  • Proof of Monthly Income 
  • Last 30 days of current paystubs for Established employment older than 60 days or
  • Verification of any unearned income: Including but not limited to Child Support, Unemployment or Social Security.
  • If in school/training activity: Verification of program of study and Unofficial Transcript
  • Verification of eligible activity Schedule: only if care is needed outside of the traditional care hours of 6:00 am to 6:30 pm, Monday-Friday
  • Child Visitation Schedule: Complete the Child Visitation Form if the child(ren) you are requesting care for have visitation with a non-custodial parent
  • Child Care Provider/ Location/ License number (will be determined by Wild Plum Center Enrollment Coordinator and CCAP Coordinator)
  • A Valid Colorado Driver’s License 
  • Proof of relationship to the children (copy of Child Birth Certificates **please do not submit actual birth certificate**)

If you do not have any of the documents listed above, please contact our CCAP Coordinator to discuss further options. Telephone: 720-438-1031


For further information please visit: