Early Head Start
Wild Plum Center provides Early Head Start early developmental services to low-income 0- to 3- year-olds, including prenatal and post-partum support for pregnant women. Parents may select from either a home-based or center-based service model. Home-based services involve family educators working with parents one-on-one in the home setting for one hour each week. Center-based services provide an enriched daycare setting for children while parents pursue employment or educational activities. This program option is supplemented by group-delivered parent education and parent/child socialization activities with family educators.
Service elements are intended to address any and all aspects of need within a child's life, allowing for more fruitful developmental experiences.
- One-on-one Individualized Education on Developmental Milestones
- Parent Education
- Family Support and Case Management
- Mental Health Services for Children and Parents
- Child and Parent Socialization Activities
- Support for Early Physical Health Needs, including Well-Baby Appointment Attendance
- Nutrition Information, as well as, Breastfeeding Support
All services are offered in both English and Spanish and are provided at no cost to parents and guardians.